The Dublin Cycling Campaign is an independent, voluntary lobby group that has been working to improve the city for all cyclists for over a decade and a half.
News and Media
For media enquiries contact either:
Mike McKillen mike [at] mckillen.com (087) 2314613
Muireann O'Dea muireann.odea [at] gmail.com (086) 179 1128
Will Andrews cycling [at] willandrewsdesign.com (086) 6088843
Derek Peppard derekapeppard [at] eircom.net (086) 811 8447
A Sample of our Input into the Mainstream Media Channels in 2012:
- Today FM 'Last Word' interview with Matt Cooper about the public realm consultation by the City following our submission;
- Phantom 105.2 FM interview about the unflattering Semperit survey (sic) in February which found that cyclists ran red lights by the score;
- Joanne Hunt sought our views for the Irish Times Health Supplement during Bike Week in June about the social, economic and health benefits of cycling;
- Spin FM interview with Claire and Jonathan for reaction to an AA survey that asked drivers for their views of cyclists road behaviour;
- Q102 FM interview with Scott Williams about the same AA survey;
- During our participation in Park(ing) Day, Eoin Bairead was interviewed (as Gaeilge) on Radio na Life.
Martin Cook of 103.2 Dublin City fm interviewed the following:
- Eoin Bairead was interviewed about our participation in Park[ing] Day;
- Muireann O'Dea, was interviewed about Dublin Cycling Campaign’s vision for Dublin;
- Sean O'Neil, on the Cycling Campaign's Bike Buddy initiative.
Other cycling issues were highlighted in interviews on Dublin City fm 103.2 with Cathal O'Connell
- The Spokesman, on his mobile cycle repair business;
- Anne Bedos, more in her capacity as founder of Rothar as a not-for-profit, community type business as opposed to as a DCC member;
- Shane Foran of Cyclist.ie on An Bord Pleanala's rejection of proposals for the 'fake' greenway on the N86 on the Dingle peninsula.