The Dublin Cycling Campaign is an independent, voluntary lobby group that has been working to improve the city for all cyclists for over a decade and a half.
Bike Buddy Scheme
Do you ride a bike? Ever thought of cycling to work? Would you like support from a Bike Buddy? We have over twenty bike buddies who are all experienced cyclists with good local knowledge. They will be able to assist with:
- Selecting the most appropriate route.
- Information on the local cycle network.
- Tips on riding safely in traffic, in different environments and in different weather conditions.
There is an option to meet your Bike Buddy before you ride to discuss any issues or concerns that you may have.
If you think this might be for you simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with some details of the journey you wish to make and your ability and confidence level. You will then be contacted by a buddy to discuss your requirements and arrange a time to meet for the journey.
Bike Buddies is aimed primarily at people wanting to start cycling to work. However, enquiries from people interested in cycling to other places are also welcomed. To get the best out of this service, cyclists should have a specific journey in mind, for example to the supermarket, college, or a community venue. Please note:
- You must be over 18 to take advantage of the scheme.
- The Bike Buddies are there to help with route finding and confidence building - they are not there to teach people how to ride a bike.
This is a free service from the Dublin Cycling Campaign to help more people discover the joys of cycling around the city!